Light for the future®
- Betec Beleuchtungstechnik GBR was founded in 1979.
- 1981 it became a GmbH (German limited company).
- Since July 2000 the company has been a public company with
- a starting capital of €100,000 and Herr Horst Lettenmayer as their Managing Director.
- On 15 September 2001 the company moved into its own new production building in Dachau near Munich.
Drive comes from the head
For former actor and present Managing Director, Horst Lettenmayer, the rationale behind the creation of the company was his passion for light which inevitably resulted in the development of stand-alone lamps. Innovative creative energy very soon turned into market success.
The first product, a ‘picture light’, was granted copyright. Today, minimalist designs and innovative technology remain both the expression and guiding principles of the company’s philosophy.